ALCAR is abbreviated as Acetyl- L – Carnitine which is obtained from L- Carnitine, a widely used sports supplement. ALCAR is necessary in various functions of body like metabolism of energy and helps to enhance memory functions.
ALCAR is more active than carnitine and metabolizes in various ways. ALCAR is also considered as nootropic supplement and not like L- Carnitine; ALCAR supplements positively affect intellect and brain function. People who use ALCAR supplements in the form of a brain booster and are pleased with the gained results since the basic tasks become much easier. ALCAR supplements are great in improving fatigue and alertness; as well as improve blood circulation. The ALCAR supplements are not recommended for pregnant women and children.
Humans are at low risk of toxicity after consuming excessive ALCAR, but overdoses can lead to side effects. The commonly experienced symptoms of ALCAR include- headache, nausea, abdominal cramps and vomiting.
Effects of ALCAR
- ALCAR is available in the form of pills, powders and capsules and are absorbed through the intestinal tract in to the bloodstream.
- ALCAR supplements are way different from other supplements and can cross over blood brain barrier and enter central nervous system.
- The ALCAR supplements initially break down in to one of its amino acid compounds, L- Carnitine.
- When the supplements of ALCAR supplemented with choline can improve its effects.
- ALCAN helps in fighting harmful free radicals. These supplements also work as a strong anti oxidant and neuro- protector.
- ALCAR supplements ease oxidative stress to some extent and calms brain by reducing toxins.
Dosage of ALCAR
- Most widely used dosages of ALCAR supplements ranges between 500mg to 1000 mg.
- Determining the right ALCAR dosage depends on personal factors of the individuals.
- Acetyl L- Carnitine is a dietary supplement that is found in both plants and animals.
- In human body, ALCAR exists in low concentrations in liver, blood and kidneys.
- Medical uses recommend higher dosages and long period.
- Individuals can consume around 2 grams of ALCAR with proper medical supervision.
- Few individuals consume supplements in one single dosage whereas few use by splitting all over the day.
- It is always advisable to start off with lower doses to avoid side effects.
- Individuals should not exceed the recommended dosage after achieving benefits and consulting a doctor regarding altering dosages is compulsory.
- Side effects are caused when the ALCAR dosages are exceeded above 1000 mg.
- Most of the side effects associated with ALCAR are very mild like head- aches.
- When choline is supplemented along with ALCAR and experience head- aches should stop using choline.
Here are few reviews and precautions of ALCAR-
- ALCAR supplements work best when combined with choline and other nootropic supplements.
- Alpha GPC and Citicoline are considered the highest quality but should be effectively used to avoid serious side effects.
- ALCAR can be combined well along with nootropic supplements.
- ALCAR helps to potentiate the effects of the racetam nootropics like pricetams which is considered as most cognitive enhancer.