If you have ever been to a spa, you will understand what we’re talking about today. Do you often go to spa because you feel relaxed and stress free? That’s because they use essential oils which have soothing fragrance and some therapeutic benefits. When they’re applied on your body with massage, it increases blood circulation which helps in getting relief.
Similar relief can be obtained at home with Bath bombs. Don’t worry they aren’t something that‘ll explode in your bath tub. They are salts that contain various therapeutic benefits. These salts are obtained either from sea or below the ocean bed. Salts like Epsom, Dead Sea, Himalayan etc. are meant to contain the same characteristics. It heals any injury and fights to retain the immunity system by increasing the blood circulation to release stress.
There are various kinds of bombs that contain bath salts with perfumed oil so that, when it dissolves in water, it generates beautiful aroma. However, not all perfumes are good for body. Some of them contain harmful toxins because of which you might get certain kind of skin disease. Our mission today is to help you make a healthy choice by avoiding these chemicals –
- Phthalates increases the chance of cancer, infertility, neurological conditions and endocrine issues.
- Benzene derivatives reduce response to immune system, hormonal imbalance, and human carcinogen.
- Aldehydes gives allergies to respiratory organs, increases chances of diabetes, hypertension, liver disease, neurodegenerative ailment, and other problems related to aging.
- Artificial dyes like Red33 and D&C are prepared from petroleum and coal tar.
- Talc which is rarely found in any bath bomb but few companies try using it which increases the possibility of ovarian cancer.
- Parabens are used in these bath products so that it lasts longer. However, this chemical is harmful to skin and can increase allergic result.
- Glitter is prepared from small plastic particles which mixes sea and ocean where your used water is disposed off. This is harmful for sea animals and is polluting the environment as well.
There are many other chemicals used in preparing bathing products but, these are the commonly used chemicals that are found in bathing bombs. It is better to prepare your own bombs at home. There are many videos and articles that can guide you in preparation.
Once you’re done creating your own bombs then you can add essential oils extracted from eucalyptus, peppermint, grapefruit, lemon, lavender, Frankincense, etc, that are natural and have their own benefits.