Some individuals are naturally gifted when it comes to retaining some events, special occasions, etc. This is not the case with every person. It has been found that approximately fifty percent of humans of eighty five years of age suffer from Alzheimer’s disease. Hence, including memory supplements in your daily diet can be one way of improving your memory and recalling power.
Types of memory supplements
- Natural memory supplements
- Nootropic memory supplements
Natural memory supplements
- ALCAR stands for Acetyl-L-Carnitine. It is a modified form of the amino acid Carnitine. It helps in increasing the cellular energy production in the brain. It helps in improving the memory power of ageing individuals as well as of healthy people. It is neuroprotective and slows down the ageing process in neurons.
- Phosphatidylserine is a type of fat or lipid that is found in all cell membranes. It is highly concentrated in brain cells. It allows communication between neurons and also in the development of new neural connections. It helps to improve overall brain function as well as memory storage.
- Huperzine A is an alkaloid that is derived from Huperzia tree. This tree is native to China. Its main function is to prevent the breakdown of acetylcholine, which is a neurotransmitter. Acetylcholine is integral in encoding, retrieval and consolidation of the memory. Huperzine A can not only improve your ability to remember, but also improve the efficiency of transfer of information between cells.
- ALA also known as Alpha Lipoic acid acts as an anti-oxidant. It also behaves like a life extension agent. It can combat many neurodegenerative diseases as it prevents radical damage to the brain. It supports healthy levels of glucose and also controls insulin activity. It promotes better health of brain.
Nootropic memory supplements
- Piracetam was the very first nootropic developed. It has a very efficient backing system. It is very good for beginners, because of its safe tolerance system and also because it does not have any major side effects.
- Alpha GPC stands for Alpha Glycerylphosphorylcholine. It is an advanced form of choline and can thus, produce Acetylcholine. Hence, it can help in improving memory and has good cognitive effects.
- Aniracetam is another derivative of the racetam family. It not only helps in boosting memory, but also acts like an anxiolytic compound and thus, promotes the well-being of patients.
- Noopept is one of the strongest memory supplements available. It helps to increase the levels of Nerve Growth Factor. It helps in the growth, maintenance and repair of neurons.
It is very important to include memory supplements in the daily diet for better memory and recalling power. You can also look up http://nootriment.com/memory-supplements/ for further information on memory supplements.